Its time for our 11th Annual Review Episode. In BS 140 we look back at the guests and ideas that we explored in 2017. I share some highlights from this year's annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience.
- BS 131 What is Mind?
- BS 132 William Uttal on the use and limits of fMRI in Cognitive Neuroscience
- BS 133 Suzana Herculano-Houzel on counting neurons and brain size
- BS 134 Jaak Panksepp, pioneer of Affective Neuroscience
- BS 135 Lisa Feldman Barrett presents a new theory of how the brain creates emotions
- BS 136 Discussion of Language at the Speed of Sight: How We Read, Why So Many Can’t, and What Can Be Done About It by Mark Seidenberg
- BS 137 Seth Grant presents evidence that brain development follows a genetic calendar
- BS 138 John Medina explores Brain Rules for Aging Well
- BS 139 Jeff Hawkins discusses modeling cortical function
Even the episodes that sound technical are accessible to listeners of all backgrounds.
How to get this episode:
- FREE: audio mp3 (click to stream, right click to download)
- Episode Transcript [Buy for $2]
- Premium Subscribers have unlimited access to ALL old episodes and transcripts, as well as extra content for selected episodes. Transcript link for subscribers.
- New episodes of Brain Science are ALWAYS FREE. The most recent 50 episodes are also free. See the individual show notes for links to the audio files.